This lily felt birdhouse was handmade using sustainable materials by fair trade artisans near Kathmandu, Nepal. A charming gift for Easter or Mother's Day, it can be hung outside as well as inside, and will blend in nicely with your spring flowers! The 1.25" diameter opening is sized for small birds such as wrens, chickadees, titmice and blue birds.
Country of Origin:
- Handcrafted by skilled fair trade artisans
- Purchases help preserve cultural traditions
- Fun and functional outside or inside
- Made with natural water resistant wool
- Includes braided natural hemp hanging cord and a bamboo perch
- Sized for small backyard birds like Wrens
Approximately 9"H x 5"D
About the Artist:
This felt birdhouse is made by fair trade artisans in Nepal. Our partners are committed to fair trade and sustainability, ensuring that the artisans are paid living wages, have safe and healthy working conditions, and support keep their craft and cultural traditions.
Each felt birdhouse is crafted by hand from sustainable wool in the fair trade community workshop using traditional felting techniques. The artisans are invited to the production center to learn new product patterns and to participate in product development. Once a pattern has been memorized, the artisans may choose to work from home.