A happy December Friday to you!
Chances are, you’ve been seeing quite a few holiday gift guides pop up on your favorite Web sites and blogs recently. How about one more? I’m sure I’m not the only one who doesn’t have my Christmas shopping done (right? Help me out here!)
This gift guide is a little bit different—it highlights some of our favorite ethical, fair trade, and charitable organizations. What’s better than giving a gift that gives twice, especially at Christmastime?
1. Apolis. Apolis means “global citizen.” This socially motivated lifestyle brand empowers communities worldwide. With everything from ties to hats to beautiful Alpaca travel kits and chambray swim trunks, this brand guarantees a great high-quality gift for your guy!
2. LSTN headphones. Not only are these headphones stunning, but for every pair sold, LSTN helps restore hearing to a person in need through the Starkey Hearing Foundation. Starkey helps kids and adults in countries around the world, from India to Rwanda to the U.S. Bonus: you can buy these at Nordstrom!
1. Rose & Fitzgerald. Based in Kampala, Uganda, Rose & Fitzgerald collaborates with local artisans to create a line of high-quality accessories. Beautiful handmade products with a contemporary design provide local local economic development in Kampala, Uganda. Stunning serving trays, jewelry and more make up the collection.
2. Della. If she loves fashion and accessories, this one’s for her! Their products are hand-crafted in Ghana, West Africa, and sold in Los Angeles. Through jobs, education and job training, the women who make these lovely pieces are given an opportunity for a better life. Check out this gorgeous iPad case!
1. Help Ink. This company describes their product as “inspirational art that gives to those in need” and their beautiful prints are perfect for a nursery or child’s room. They donate proceeds to a variety of worthy charities, including The Children’s Hunger Fund and Thirst Relief International.
I think this is a fun category! If you know a family that you’d like to buy a “together” present for, for example, a family with several small children, how about something the whole group can love instead of individual gifts?
1. Love With Food. This unique company is a monthly subscription box for organic, all-natural snacks. For every box sent, they donate a meal to a food bank in America. What a great concept! And it’s a gift that keeps on giving—you can choose the number of boxes you want sent to the recipient, and they can always renew when their subscription runs out.
1. Bombas Socks. These soft, comfortable socks come in fun, bright patterns and are high quality through and through. The company follows the one for one model—for each pair purchased, one pair is donated to a person in need.
2. Greenola Style. This company’s empowerment model is implemented holistically, providing the artisans with access to quality healthcare, design education, business training, and community building. They offer jewelry, gloves, hats and headbands, and more—at very affordable prices!
Have you heard of any of these companies before? If you have any others you’d like to share, I’d love for you to link them up in the comments! And don’t forget—free shipping on our site through Dec 19! Just enter the code FREESHIP14 at checkout!