If you plan to hang your stockings on the mantle soon, how about thinking ahead a bit on what to fill them with too? We think fair trade stocking stuffers are perfect for kids of all ages!
Only a little over a month to go from Christmas! How did that happen?! By this time in the holiday season, I´ve usually managed to drag out my Christmas decorations because I just can´t wait any longer. And yes. That includes stockings! This year though, I´m still in South America, so daydreaming about decorating will have to do for now.
See below for some of my fave fair trade stocking stuffers from Seven Hopes United! These are a perfect mix of compact, fun and useful ítems that celebrate the season…and hint at the fun of Spring to come.
Clockwise from top:
1. Seven Hopes United e-Gift Card: Enough said, right? The fair trade stocking stuffer that keeps on giving!
2. Green Ginko Pot Holder: This product was made by an eco fair trade company that works with artisan groups in Indonesia – both with village cooperatives and their in-house fair trade workshop. Each product is made using environmentally sustainable materials, including bamboo, vetiver, capiz shells and organic cotton. Beautiful in any kitchen.
3. Leather Sseko Sandals: Sseko Designs hires recent secondary school graduates for a nine month period to live and work together, while earning money that will go directly toward their university education. These women will not make sandals forever. They will go on to be doctors, lawyers, politicians, writers and teachers that will bring change and unification to a country divided and ravished by a 22 year-long war. Give the gift of Spring!
4. Olive Wood Butter Spreaders with Batik Handle: These unique butter spreaders are handmade in Kenya from wild olivewood and finished with a batik recycled bone handle. Perfect if you choose the family cook in your annual stocking Exchange!
5. Bouquet Knitted Headwrap: Three tonal posy flowers bloom on this hand knitted headband from our artisan partners in Nepal. Handmade of 100% soft wool, this sweet headband is sure to keep your loved one warm this winter.
6. 31BITS Clair Loop Bracelet: This festive piece will brighten up anyone´s holiday! 31 Bits Designs is a socially minded business designed to give internally displaced women in Northern Uganda an opportunity to counter poverty. By giving our beneficiaries access to the international market, they are able to earn an instant income, providing homes, food, and education for their families. Our program equips women by providing literacy education, financial and vocational training, holistic care, and strong support systems, empowering individuals to further their careers and attain social equity.
Do you have any favorite fair trade stocking stuffers? If so, we would love if you share in the comments below! And if you´re interested, next week I will post a recap of my Machu Picchu hike, which begins today!