The happy flowers on this fun felt birdhouse are all smiles and we're sure you will be too! This fair trade wool felt birdhouse was made with sustainably harvested materials by artisans near Kathmandu, Nepal. It can be hung outside as well as inside because it's made of naturally water repellant wool! The 1.25" diameter opening is sized for small birds such as wrens, chickadees, titmice and blue birds.
Country of Origin:
- Handcrafted by skilled fair trade artisans
- Purchases help preserve cultural traditions
- Fun and functional outside or inside
- Made with natural water resistant wool
- Includes braided natural hemp hanging cord and a bamboo perch
- Sized for small backyard birds like Wrens
Approximately 9"H x 5"D
About the Artist:
This felt birdhouse is made by fair trade artisans in Nepal. Our partners are committed to fair trade and sustainability, ensuring that the artisans are paid living wages, have safe and healthy working conditions, and support keep their craft and cultural traditions.
Each felt birdhouse is crafted by hand from sustainable wool in the fair trade community workshop using traditional felting techniques. The artisans are invited to the production center to learn new product patterns and to participate in product development. Once a pattern has been memorized, the artisans may choose to work from home.